The deadline for abstract submissions has passed. Visit our website often for program updates.
This track will focus on the latest advancements in our fundamental understandings of wood fibers, process phenomena and product performance at both low and high solids content, e.g. fluid-paper/fiber interactions (low solids content) and solid mechanics with treatment of viscoelastic-plastic analysis of fibers/paper/packages, and paper/fluid interactions (high solids content).
Suggested topics included:
• Cellulose–water interaction mechanisms in cellulose-based fibers and materials
• Fiber–fiber binding mechanisms in wet and dry state including the link between pulp fiber properties and paper properties
• Cellulose-polyelectrolyte interactions in flowing fiber suspensions
• Fiber suspension dynamics in the approach flow, headbox and forming sections
• Product performance and the relation to physical properties of paper and board
• Novel characterization methods for papermaking and packaging performance
• Water removal/rewetting during forming, pressing and drying