Tissue 201: Operations and Runnability Course
October 2-3 • 8:00am - 6:00pm • Atlanta, GA
Co-located with TAPPICon 2021
*You will be taken to the TAPPICon registration page where you can register for
the full conference or just the Tissue 201 Course.
Expert instructors will explain the most important industry-accepted best practices that will help you:
- Improve overall tissue machine efficiency
- Increase production
- Enhance product softness and bulk
What You Can Learn
- The causes of machine runnability and sheet quality problems due to furnish, wet-end chemistry, stock approach and headbox set-up
- The principles for effective cleaning and conditioning of forming and press fabrics
- The causes of machine runnability and sheet quality problems occurring specifically in the press and dryer sections
- Yankee dryer operation, including risks and challenges posed by steam systems, hood and especially creping
- Problems and opportunities in the calender and reel of the tissue machine
Who Should Attend
- Machine Supervisors
- Suppliers or other technical people who are new to tissue grades
Note: This is an intermediate-level course
Those with five or more years of tissue-making experience will benefit most. The TAPPI Tissue 101 Course is considered a prerequisite.
Comments from Previous Participants
What will you be able to go back and do as a result of this course?
- I'll have a better understanding of the overall process and how each part affects tissue production and quality.
- I'll be able to optimize the pilot tissue machine to target better speed, runnability, and look for better value for our members and clients.
- I'll ask more questions, bring back improvements and increase my "solo" troubleshooting.
- Now, I can review basic conditions of our operations and validate they are in practice.
What specifically did you like about this course?
- The experience and quality of speakers.
- This course helped me with a broad content on manufacturing.
- Excellent practical information. Basic concepts were presented very clearly.
Sixteen (16) Professional Development Hours or 1.6 CEUs are awarded for completion of the TAPPI Tissue 201 Course.
The Education Project Center of TAPPI has been reviewed and approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 7918 Jones Branch Drive, Suite 300, McLean, VA 22102.
TAPPI will award CEU credits to participants who attend at least 80 percent of the educational sessions and complete a final program evaluation.
|Professional Development Credits
You can earn 16 professional development hours or 1.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for completion of this course. TAPPI's Professional Development department has been accredited as an Accredited Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
|TAPPI Members receive a discounted rate for this course.
If you're not a member yet, join us!
Course Registration Rates
Through September 3rd
After September 3rd
Tissue 201 Course
Saturday-Sunday, October 2-3,2021
Tissue 201 - Join or Renew and Save
Tissue 201 - Young Professionals - Join or Renew and Save
Tissue 201 - Group Meeting
Per person (3+ people in same location)
Tissue 201 - Group Meeting - Join or Renew and Save
Per person (3+ in same location)
Tissue 201 - Young Professionals Group Meeting - Join or Renew and Save
Per person (3+ in same location)