Your one-stop resource for speaker info, tips, and contacts
Speakers | General Speaker Info | Contact Us
TAPPICon 2023 will be held on April 22-26, 2023 at the Cobb Galleria Centre in Atlanta, GAUSA. This in-person event includes a comprehensive technical program, multiple networking events and an expanded exhibit floor.
Programs address key topics on Papermaking, Papermaking Additives, Papermaking Fundamentals, Tissue, Process Control, PIMA Management, Recycled Paperboard (RPTA) and Maintenance & Reliability. The program also includes topics on Women in Industry and Young Professionals.
TAPPICon Speaker Information
Attention Poster Presenters
Accepted posters should be set up in the designated space on the Exhibit Floor, Monday, April 24, beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Contact Pat Stiede with questions concerning the poster session
Rules and Regulations:
TAPPI will provide the bulletin boards and push pins. Please confine your presentation to a 32 inch x 48 inch (80 x 120 cm) space.All posters will be displayed in the Exhibit Hall.
All illustrations must be prepared in advance. Proper illustration is critical to an effective presentation. The use of large lettering (legible at a distance of 3 feet or more) and minimal textual material is recommended. Use of colored ink in printing and colored paper in framing textual material can be attractive although artistic flair should not be excessive. Illustrations should not be mounted on heavy stock as this makes it difficult to mount them on poster boards. It is the responsibility of the author to design and print his/her poster and get it to the event.
The collection of materials at the end of the conference is the author's responsibility; Any posters remaining after the conference ends will be destroyed.
November 11, 2022
Abstract Deadline Extension
February 13, 2023
Draft Manuscript due to Session Chairs
March 20, 2023
Final Manuscripts due to TAPPI
March 20, 2023
|Draft PPTs (new template) due to Session Chairs|
April 3, 2023
|Final PPTs due to TAPPI|
Download and Save the TAPPICon 2023 Presentation PowerPoint Template
**No PowerPoint presentation should be more than ten slides, longer than 20 minutes, and use fonts smaller than 30 point size.**
General Speaker Information
Your paper and presentation are subject to peer review and must comply with TAPPI antitrust and commercialism guidelines. Please review the following submission guidelines.
Antitrust Guidelines | Commercialism Guidelines
All speakers must register for the Conference. TAPPI does not pre-register speakers. Speakers receive either a discounted full conference registration or they may attend for free the day of their scheduled presentation. Please contact Pat Stiede for your single day promo code.
For all international delegates planning to attend TAPPICon from countries requiring a U.S. Visa, you should be aware that the process to apply for a business, B-1, Visa can take up to four (4) months. You must register for the conference before being eligible for a Visa letter. For more details, click here
Hotel Reservation (TAPPICon)
TAPPICon speakers and attendees receive a Conference discount when booking their room at a TAPPICon designated hotel.
- Use the TAPPICon PowerPoint Template for your presentation.
- PowerPoint decks need to be in 16:9 aspect ratio to properly fit projectors/screens.
- Final presentations, in the form of a slide deck, must be uploaded to the TAPPI Speaker Management system prior to the conference (unless you’ve made other arrangements with your session chairperson).
- Have a backup of your presentation on hand, ideally on a USB key.
- If you’re using your own laptop, set the screen resolution for optimal clarity and ensure you test your slides on the projector prior to your session.
- Company name may be displayed on the first slide only. Trade names may be used only once.
- If your deck contains crucial information which can stand alone, consider providing your audience with printouts that they can refer to later.
- All presentations must be in compliance with TAPPI’s antitrust and commercialism Policies. Your deck will be reviewed prior to your session. Any slides that are not compliant will not be allowed in your presentation.
- Once approved, your materials will also be included in the Conference proceedings, with your permission. You may give TAPPI your permission on your submission form in the Speaker Management System.
Session Room Equipment for TAPPICon Live
Regular session room setups include the following:
For specific AV needs, please contact us as soon as you know. All requests may not be accommodated. We will do our best to fit your needs. Changes to AV may not be permitted within 3 weeks of the event.
- Visual PPT Presentation Tips - slide decks, graphs & charts
- Recorded and Live Presentation Tips - Speakers and Panelists
- Speaker Management System Access & Instructions
- TAPPI Author/Speaker Kit
- Manuscript Requirements
- Manuscript Example
- Extended Abstract Example
- Scientific Poster Tips, Examples, Templates