This track will focus on the latest advancements in our fundamental understandings of wood fibers, process phenomena and product performance at both low and high solids content, e.g. fluid-paper/fiber interactions (low solids content) and solid mechanics with treatment of viscoelastic-plastic analysis of fibers/paper/packages, and paper/fluid interactions (high solids content).
• Cellulose–water interaction mechanisms in cellulose-based fibers and materials
• Fiber–fiber binding mechanisms in wet and dry state including the link between pulp fiber properties and paper properties
• Cellulose-polyelectrolyte interactions in flowing fiber suspensions
• Fiber suspension dynamics in the approach flow, headbox and forming sections
• Product performance and the relation to physical properties of paper and board
• Novel characterization methods for papermaking and packaging performance
• Water removal/rewetting during forming, pressing and drying